This option is for skydivers new to BASE jumping who want to do a complete First Jump Course (FJC) in preparation for jumping during Bridge Day. The ground school and training will be on Thursday and Friday, with jumping to take place on Saturday during the Bridge Day jumping window of 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
BRIDGE DAY extended 3-day FJC is a complete and thorough BASE First Jump Course intended for experienced skydivers with little or no BASE experience. You will need to register to jump at Bridge Day separately and therefore you must meet the minimum jump experience requirement for Bridge Day. To attend this course, you must have skydiving experience. You must use BASE specific gear. Every student needs their own rig for the course. Gear rental is available.
Students are taught the fundamental aspects of the sport. This 3-day FJC covers the following:
- BASE gear knowledge and proper gear setup
- Packing instruction
- Gear checks
- Jump Priorities
- Malfunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Heading Correction techniques
- Exit training and different exit methods
- Freefall Control
- Deployment methods and techniques
- Canopy Flight and Patterns
- Assessing wind and weather
- BASE ethics
- Information about jumping other objects
- Making good judgment calls
- Finding a mentor
The course includes:
Participants are responsible for their travel, lodging, and food.
- Johnny Utah's Packing Video sent to you in advance to practice packing before the course. This video is 2 hours long and very detailed. It is sent to you beforehand for you to study and practice packing at home before BRIDGE DAY 3-day FJC.
- The Bridge Day Safety Video with common malfunctions and pilot errors.
- Packing instruction during the course
- BASE First Jump Course
- Jump Mastering during first and second jump
- Video of you jumping
Special Bridge Day course fee rate only $595
October 18-20, 2018 (Oak Hill, New River Gorge Bridge)
SLOTS ARE LIMITED - REGISTER NOW